Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Don't Make Me Prove That I Can Rap and Run At The Same Time

Hey, what's up, hello!

It's been a minute. Let's skip the pleasantries and get down to business.

In college, I was the girl who had a playlist for everything. Finals, pregames, parties, pre-pregames, driving home for holidays, breakups, crushes on the cute guy that worked at the coffee shop in Commons (who, I think, is my Facebook friend and is now married with a kid, so if you're reading this, hope all is well!), shower before bed, shower before going out (not kidding). While any of my friends could tell you that I am the queen of a tragically sad playlist (a CD entitled "November 2011" is some of my best work), I also love throwing together music to party. I haven't been in charge of a pregame playlist in a few years, so more recently I've been making ones for running or lifting on my own in the gym (#gainz).

SIDE NOTE THAT IS COMPLETELY RELEVANT: Khloe Kardashian and I are workout music soul sisters. Look, I have proof. Did I text this to like 30 people and lose my mind and patiently wait for her to message me and ask to hang out the next time she was in HTown visiting James Harden? All together now: "Yesssss".
Anyways, here are my top ten "get off the couch and move it" jams of the moment. Some are older, some are recent, but they are probably all explicit in some nature. It is what it is:

1. "Formation"-Beyonce (I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY)
2. "Cool for the Summer"-Demi Lovato
3. "Good for You"-Selena Gomez (feat A$AP Rocky)
4. "Do It Again"-Pia Mia (feat Tyga and Chris Brown)
5. "Change Your Life"-Iggy Azalea (feat TI)
6. "'03 Bonnie and Clyde"-Jay Z and Beyonce
7. "Jealous"- Nick Jonas (feat Tinashe)
8.  "Big Pimpin'"- Jay Z (if you give me 1.75 margaritas, I'll rap every single word of this for you. Just putting an offer on the table. I know, I'm so generous)
9. "Push It"- Salt N Pepa (I saw this song live last week. Magic. It's also on my "Birth" playlist, but that's for another day)
10. "I'm On A Boat"- Lonely Island (literally one of my favorite songs ever. Makes me flashback hard to freshman year of college)

This is a really explicit playlist, now that I'm looking at it. If that kinda music isn't your scene, you'll hate this. Sorry. If you need a lot of bass and people rapping loudly at you to work out, you'll love it. I can't make everyone happy, I'm not queso.


Love and hip-hop, y'all


S




No comments:

Post a Comment