Sunday, January 31, 2016

Grillz

I love a lot of foods, but I reallyyyyyy love anything grilled. I think it adds such a great flavor to anything from a steak to an ear of corn. I also really dig the fact that despite adding such nom-ness, it can be a pretty healthy cooking technique!

My apartment in Houston has an awesome grill. It's very fancy and I'm a little terrified of it. My guy friends can use it, but I got tired of waiting around for them to stop fishing under highway overpasses (don't ask) and took matters into my own hands. Well, Santa Shar Shar's hands. I asked for a George Foreman grill for Christmas and I'm in love. It's a relatively cheap way to create that grilled yumness in your apartment kitchen all year (you know, for those of you that have to worry about winter. It's 75 degrees in HTown today). The G (as I affectionately call it) is great because it is designed to drain fat from whatever you're cooking, but if you have another indoor grill preference (or you aren't afraid of an outdoor one), do yo' thang.

I've been living off of turkey burgers for the last week. I crumbled a leftover one into some scrambled egg whites the other morning and it was awesome. They are healthy as hell and really filling. They heat up well and only took me 6 minutes to make. Plus, I get to toss on some of my favorite toppings (tomato, red onion, avocado) and get some vegetable game going. I could eat red onion like an apple. Look.
Form a line, boys


Turkey Burgers (From "Beach Ready Now")
Serves: 6
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. ground turkey (I get extra-lean, but you get whatever you want....or what's on sale)
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. dijon mustard (I used whole-grain and it was just as fly)
  • 1 Tbsp. mild hot sauce (like Frank's or any Louisiana Hot Sauce...do not put a tablespoon of Tabasco in this, ding-dongs)
  • 2 large cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
  • 3 Tbsp. minced onion
  • 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 3 Tbsp. brown rice flour (or whatever flour you got, DON'T GO OUT AND GET THIS IF YOU A'INT GONNA USE IT)
  • 1 egg
Instructions
  1. Mix ingredients well. Makes six turkey burgers. I grill on the G for about 6 minutes. Use a meat thermometer if you have one...I'm no Iron Chef. 
                                                                           Lol, so artsy.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment