Sunday, January 24, 2016

Cheap Makeup I Dig

Anyone who knows me pretty well knows I have little to no self-control when it comes to Sephora. I'm like a kid in a candy shop where everything is free and your mom's not looking so YOLO and grab 12 of those big, swirly lollipops.

Embarrassing fun fact: Did you know that if you spend a certain amount of cash money there (Sephora, not the candy shop) in a year, you can walk in and get your makeup done for free? Literally, all you do is show them this little red card. It's mortifying/one of the proudest moments of my...er, someone I know's life.

So, in an effort to cut down this little addiction healthy habit, I'm going to let you know about a few of my favorite, ballin' on a budget finds in the beauty world.

1. "Yes to Cucumbers" Face Wipes, $5.99 for a 30ct pack
These little buddies smell like the spa. They are 98% natural and full of healthy things for your skin. No crazy chemicals up in here. They also sell ones specifically for eye makeup removal (side note: WHY DOES MY WATERPROOF MASCARA LITERALLY NEVER COME OFF?????)  Get them at Target (where sometimes I snag 'em in a bundle pack for cheappppp) or pretty much everywhere now. Their whole "Yes To" line is fire. 


I'm highly annoyed I didn't know about these before I shelled out $50 for some other eyeshadow. These are such awesome neutral tones that'll look great on everyone. They have three different compilations: Goldens, Roses, and Nudes. I've always loved CG's eyeshadows, the pigmentation is awesome and they stay on all day. 

Y'all, if you ever need to get a beauty product for my mother, the one and only Shar Shar, this is it. One time, in the early 2000's, they stopped selling this in stores. I'm relatively confident my mother bought some in bulk and we still have them scattered throughout the house. Don't mess with Red Raspberry. I've had a lot of lip balms in my day, but man, this OG balm is as good as it gets. 

Okay, so you're probably thinking it's a $20 sponge and that I'm cray. I am cray, but that's not the point. This little beauty will take the place of at least three brushes in your collection. Flawless foundation application? Check. Contouring on fleek? You got it. Blush for daysssss? Word. Highlighting like a boss?  Duh, homie. Seriously, I love this sponge. Makeup artists swear by it....and so do I. 

Okay, so those are a few of the must-haves I use on a daily basis. Let me know what products you like to save on....and I'll post about what I splurge on soon :)


Love,

Shannon










No comments:

Post a Comment