Monday, March 7, 2016

My Gym Bag Is Actually a Diaper Bag and I Don't Care

Sup? Hope everyone's Monday was tolerable. Today, I want to share with y'all what I consider to be my workout essentials/what I toss in my massive bag and run out the door because I'm going to be late and maybe I'll need extra socks or a toothbrush or a dress because what if that super cute guy working out next to me is all "Hey, wanna grab a drink after this?" to which I'd clearly say "Fo sho".

I digress. Here are some things I can't leave home without when I hit the gym:

1. The bag itself. It is truly a diaper bag. A Marc by Marc Jacobs diaper bag, so at least it's got that going for it. They really have some similarities.  The liner is wipeable and I find this to be key for tossing in sweaty clothes or IDK, bottles? Lots of pockets for my post-workout makeup needs or baby toys. Whatever, I dig it. Find a bag big enough for what you'll need and one that you like to wear because you better be using it a lot.
2. Face wipes. These are crucial. I never remember to take off my makeup before I work out. Don't worry, I find it to be a character flaw too. Love these bad boys by Jessica Alba's Honest line.
3. Headphones. For days when I'm not working with my trainer, these are necessary. I like my headphones obnoxiously large and I've had these ones for years (true story: I bought them with change that I sorted from my dad's car. Bose headphones. From change in a glove box. Who says I'm not frugal?). Ideal for situations where you want to pretend that you're listening to the TV with CNN on it, but you're really watching Kim and Khloe have an intervention for Rob.
4. A good lotion. I shower at my gym and a good post-shower lotion sesh (sounds kinda dirty when I word it like that...but #YOLO... you only lotion once...just roll with it) is key. My skin gets really dry, so this is my favorite to keep it soft as a baby. Take care of your skin, please.
5. Heart Rate Monitor. This thing changed my workout game. It helps me see exactly how many calories I'm burning as well as see what kind of workouts help build endurance versus build muscle. I highly recommend getting one if you are serious about getting your fitness on.
6. A snack!!! Girl's gotta eat, ya dig? I usually keep it simple with a protein shake, but sometimes a good apple or banana with some almond butter is exactly what I'm craving. I also found a square of Ghiradelli dark chocolate in my gym bag, but hush, nobody's perfect.

Those are just some of my basics. Water is a duh. Also, flip flops for the shower because my mother raised a lady. People who don't wear any make me uneasy. I don't trust anyone like that.

What are some of y'all's gym necessities??

xoxo.

s

No comments:

Post a Comment