Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Egg Roll Bowl

Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you I love adore am obsessed with any kind of Asian food. Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, etc. The flavor combinations a lot of these foods offer are probably what I dream about most nights. Spicy, sweet, salty. NOM NOM. It can sometimes be tricky to find healthy options that aren't boring ("ugh" to all the times I've ordered chicken with mixed vegetables, sauce on the side), so I'm always looking for recipes to try to recreate my faves at home. My boyfriend and I made homemade beef with broccoli once and it was awesome! He fully embraces my love of all things Asian food, except sushi :/ He's always down to split some of our fave takeout fried rice with me though. 


I found a recipe this week that I knew I needed in my life ASAP: egg roll bowl.  I LOVE EGG ROLLS. I didn't until recently, but now, I crave them all the time, even especially the ones in the hospital cafeteria. If you're looking for your egg roll fix, but a little healthier, you're welcome in advance :*





Egg Roll Bowl (from "Grounded and Surrounded")

Serves: 4


  • 16 oz spicy ground turkey sausage, browned
  • 16 oz package of coleslaw
  • 1 red pepper, julienned
  • 5 green onions, thinly sliced 
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced or grated
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos (I used low sodium soy sauce)
  • 1 tsp ground ginger powder

  1. In a large pan, brown turkey sausage.
  2. Next, add in bag of coleslaw, red pepper slices, whites of onion, and grated garlic. Saute with browned meat for 2-3 minutes.
  3. Last, mix in ground ginger powder and soy sauce. Saute another 2 minutes and serve warm!
  4. Top with greens of onions and enjoy
SO GOOD!!!!!! I topped mine with a little sweet Thai chili sauce :)

Enjoy y'all! 

S

No comments:

Post a Comment