Sunday, April 10, 2016

Quinoa Enchilada Casserole

My favorite kind of meals are the kind that I can reheat for days and days. I think this is not only one of my most made meals, but it's also freaking delicious. It's the reason I love quinoa. Side note: it took me an embarrassingly long time to be able to pronounce 'quinoa'. Sometimes, if I'm at some super hipster restaurant and I order it, I still am a little self-conscious I'm messing it up. "Keen-wahhhh", y'all. Don't even get me started on "acai". 

Anyways, if you get lazy like me and need a meal that you can heat up later and it's gonna be the bomb, here you go. Cheesy and yummy. Shout-out to Carolina for seeing me eat this practically weekly at the hospital and asking for the recipe :) She's the real MVP for letting me train her to the wild world of OB nursing, y'all.

 Quinoa Enchilada Casserole

Serves 6
Ingredients
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 1 (10-ounce) can mild enchilada sauce (I like making my own! Try dis one )
  • 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles , drained
  • 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
  • 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
  • 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
  • 1 Roma tomato, diced
Instructions
  • In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8x8 or 2 quart baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.

  • In a large bowl, combine quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin and chili powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.

  • Spread quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and cheeses have melted, about 15 minutes.

  • Serve immediately, garnished with avocado and tomato. 

No comments:

Post a Comment